What Your Movers Won't Move
by Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
So now, have you read the fine print on the written agreement? In case you failed to review the entire thing, and quite a few people do not get beyond the date ranges and numbers before their eyes glaze over, locate it, take a seat, and study it right now. Fill an extra mug of coffee if you have to, but once you reach the portion concerning what the professional movers in Little Rock won't be able to have on the truck, odds are pretty decent that contract is going to have your complete interest.
What You Can't Transport
Which of these is Prohibited on a moving truck? Are any of these unlawful for the workers to load and transfer, or is it simply company policy? The answer is a quite straightforward, this will depend.
The one thing mentioned above that could go on the truck would be the lawn mower--if the oil and gas tanks have already been emptied. Indoor plants typically won't be able to cross state lines--that is a legal issue--and moving companies in Little Rock don't want any pests living in leaves or the soil jumping ship on the moving van itself.
Fireworks are not allowed.
Moving companies aren't going to be responsible for valuable items on the truck. Your homeowner’s insurance policy might handle any material losses, but most likely won't replace misplaced cash. Take it to the bank and retrieve it as soon as you are settled or take it along with you.
What is Illegal to Transfer
So, the list of what you can't pack and load is not such a bore, in fact. These are a few other things which movers will not load, and the main reasons why not.
· Anything that is flammable, corrosive, explosive or combustible and may in theory place the lives of the staff and the equipment on the line, is prohibited. So, a garden tractor having an empty gas/oil reservoir is ok, yet an aerosol can of disinfectant isn't.
· Plants--some states have policies about what indoor plants are able to traverse the state line. Mites and pests which are not an issue in some states are huge hazards in others, therefore leave your houseplants for the neighbors or get them to your pals. In case you are bringing the planting containers, clean them with bleach before you load them.
· Alcohol--guidelines vary among states. Be safe and have an empty the bar party prior to when you move.
What Most Company Guidelines Restrict
Every professional mover in Little Rock has its own directory of prohibited items, nevertheless these tend to be the common stuff you can expect to leave behind or carry yourself.
Chemical substances are determined by their potential to interact with other matter and modify the structure and substance of that matter. In layman's terms, this suggests that should you set bleach and paint thinner on the moving van together and they happen to connect under pressure or heat, really terrible things can happen. And in case you believe a couple of bottles of nail polish and remover plus a chemistry set won't pack enough of a wallop to make any difference, you would be mistaken. So Never pack the subsequent.
· Household Cleaners
· Paint and Paint Remover--this includes fingernail polish
· Pool chemicals
· Pesticides, Weed Killers, and also Fertilizers
· Aerosol Containers
· Perishable Food products
Remember that grocery delivery is an excellent thing--buy online and have your cleaning products, paper items, and foodstuffs shipped soon once you have arrived at your new home.
If you have any questions regarding some things, check with your moving company in Little Rock ahead of moving day, especially if you want to make other plans for transport or charitable contributions.
Click HERE for A-1 Freeman Moving Group’s listing of Non-Transportable Items.
Request a free quote