Tips for Moving to Little Rock in Icy Conditions
1) Time the move strategically
Do your best to plan your move for lower-traffic days of the week. This strategy may help you steer clear of mishaps upon snow-covered roadways and reduce time traveling back and forth to your moving destination. Generally, Mondays are the optimal days to drive in the United States whilst Fridays are the worst.
2) Cover your sidewalks and driveways
More than one million people are wounded each year due to trips and falls. During wintertime months, these particular accidents rise significantly. You can help prevent trips and falls by covering your sidewalks and driveways with ice melt or a snow melt mat. Before applying salt or a snow melt mat, use a leaf blower to blow away any top layers of snow.
3) Stock your moving vehicles with an emergency kit
Keeping a disaster kit in your moving truck is a great safety precaution, specially when winter time weather conditions are predicted. The average vehicle emergency kit normally contains a smallish emergency first aid kit, protective gear, and a modest stock of water and food.
4) Check your moving vehicles before leaving
Appropriately looking after your moving vehicles is important to ensuring that you arrive at your destination safely and securely. Before leaving, make sure you double check your gasoline, oil, and windshield washer fluid quantities to be positive you have sufficient fluids. On top of that, check your tire pressure to make sure your tires are correctly inflated. Over the winter months, it's a wise decision for your tires to be 3-5 PSI more than average to take into account sluggish reaction times.
5) Practice safe winter weather driving practices
If operating a moving van upon slippery roadways, you must use careful attention. Here are several tips to help you properly navigate the streets to your new home:
• Lower your speed: Almost all vehicle safety organizations cite speed reduction as one of the best ways to prevent incidents.
• Don't tailgate: Raising the distance between you and the car ahead of you to eight to ten seconds may help avert mishaps
• Don't use cruise control: Applying cruise control on slick surfaces could cause the vehicle to lose road contact
• Keep away from difficult inclines: Snowy or icy inclines can cause moving trucks to lose traction and slip backward, leading to crashes
Naturally, for those who have hired professional movers to be of assistance, they will take care of maneuvering the moving van on the snow and icy streets, and you will just need to get yourself and family to your new home safely.
6) Do not attempt to move in a winter weather advisory
A light dusting of snow and isolated sections of ice are one thing. But a wintertime weather advisory must be considered seriously. When a winter conditions warning is released near you, don't discount it. Reschedule your move to an alternative date when weather conditions are expected to improve.
What's the best path to moving to Little Rock without any problems at the time of slippery conditions?
By using the guidelines previously mentioned, you can actually help cultivate less dangerous moving circumstances. However, the one most effective approach to a safe and secure move in icy conditions is to seek the expertise of a trustworthy moving company. The moving professionals with A-1 Freeman Moving Group have aided individuals and businesses move to Little Rock safely during wintertime weather for many years. Whether you are getting ready for a long-distance move or a local one, we will help make certain you and your belongings arrive safe and sound at your new home. We encourage you to get in touch immediately for a free estimate. We look forward to hearing from you!
Request a free quote