By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
many times provide a range of related services that are designed to help customers with a smooth move. Some offer local storage, several will help you move specific belongings, and many provide a professional packing service to pack-up residences on behalf of moving clients. As a professional moving company in Little Rock
, A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers many services, and have assisted thousands of people enjoy a worry-free, complete move thanks to these extra services.
We also receive many questions about professional packing and exactly what it involves. You may be contemplating "Do I need help with packing?" and if so, how much do you need, and how should you arrange it? We're here to answer all your essential questions regarding a professional packing service for your future move to Little Rock.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your residence requires a lot of effort. The majority of people need at a minimum a couple months of evenings and weekends to get all their things boxed, labeled, and completed for the moving company in Little Rock. However, not every person can handle their own packing - or complete all their packing on time. In the event packing boxes isn’t something you can do, or in the event your schedule has a lack of availability for packing, it's a smart idea to schedule your packing service early.
People Who Frequently Need a Packing Service
If you think you could require a packing service, don't worry, you are not alone. Lots of various types of people (and moves) require professional packing to make sure everything get done on time, and our teams are able to provide that speedy bonus for your benefit. Here are some very common examples of people who often need all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Run Out of Time
- Parents of Young Children
- Professionals Who Aren’t Able to Take Time Off of Work
- Elderly and Disabled Clients
- People Who Don't Know How to Pack Sensitive Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a residence generally requires between 3 and 12 hours, dependent on the size of your house and how many items you own. As a rule of thumb, you could estimate that it will take around two hours per room in your home or doubled for extra-large and extra-cluttered rooms. Don't forget the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The best way to get a fair estimate on packing your home is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your home can help the moving company in Little Rock to easily estimate how many hours and people it can take to pack your residence within a couple days.
Total vs Partial Packing Services
A whole packing service is when professional movers in Little Rock pack up your complete home including your kitchen, closets, toiletries, office – all things. However, you could also ask for a select packing service. A number of people ask the moving company in Little Rock only to handle bulky furniture disassembly and wrapping to make sure it's done right. A few people ask their movers only to pack kitchen items and breakable things, because movers know how it's done and will have all the correct materials.
Select packing services will make it possible to locate the best, most efficient method to get your residence packed and moved by utilizing your own time and effort and the rapid expertise of your moving company in Little Rock.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
If you employ a professional packing service, what should you expect? Professional packing typically requires about one and two days of work, often scheduled back-to-back if the pack runs into a second day. Packers will begin to meticulously box all your items based on their location.
- Packing a Single Room at a Time
- Professional packing typically tackles one room at a time, and each and every carton is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will proceed shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, books, electronics) so that rooms should be easy to put back together while you are unpacking.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you should be present to give oversight and answer questions. Packers might ask you regarding broken belongings, categories, or which labels to use. They may have detailed questions regarding how you require them to pack certain things or areas.
- If you can’t be physically present, keep your phone handy to answer questions remotely, and you will want a proxy available in person.
- Expert Packing and Specific Labeling
- One of the best benefits of professional packing is that each and every carton can be a perfect fit. Years of knowledge and all the right materials mean that your moving crew gets how to pack a box so that it will stack securely in the moving van and unpack in order on arrival. They should additionally typically label your boxes so you will be able to locate certain belongings and unpack rooms when you arrive.
- Putting Boxes in an Out-of-the-Way Location
- The last step is stacking your cartons to prepare for the arrival of the moving van. You could ask the professional movers in Little Rock to leave cartons in the rooms for which they were packed, or to place all the boxes in the living room for fast, efficient moving truck loading when it’s moving day.
How Do You Make Sure You are Prepared for a Packing?
How do you get ready if professional packers are scheduled to be there soon? You might make the day less chaotic and the pack more organized with just a little prep.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Make certain you have washed all the dishes and put away or hung up laundry if you are asking your professional movers in Little Rock to pack up the kitchen and bedrooms.
- Return Items to Their Proper Rooms
- When the house is packed and also unpacked, it is usually done by room. While you don't have to wholly tidy up, placing items in their proper area is a surefire means to make sure they end up in the right carton.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Empty your pantry one way or the other. Task your family to come up with pantry-emptying recipes and donate whatever is left. Apart from some spices and dry goods, there's no need to pack and move food items.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Lastly, make a list of any belongings you happen to be concerned about to chat about with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
When you have a big move on the horizon, you might not have the time or ability to do all the packing on your own - and that's OK. Full-service professional movers in Little Rock like A-1 Freeman Moving Group provides professional packing services. Call us today to talk about the packing services your move may require.
Request a free quote