Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
- PHYSICALLY PREPARE: Nope, you do not have to do sit-ups or run laps around the block. This suggestion encourages you to employ professional movers in Little Rock. Hiring a moving company means that you will have additional help from professionals, who specialize in packing, lifting, and also time management. Professional movers in Little Rock can carefully pack your home, take apart home furnishings, and securely wrap your extra fragile belongings. Having local professional movers in Little Rock on hand on your moving day is an excellent way to circumvent injuries. They can handle all the bulky items, leaving the smaller belongings and simple clean-up to you.
- HAVE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT: Using proper moving equipment can be one of the best ways to not have injuries on moving day. When contacting the moving company in Little Rock, be certain that they will be bringing equipment that will make the move simpler, like an appliance dolly. Not only can this assist the moving crew, but the equipment should also save you time, as things will be moved at a quicker clip.
- DON'T OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each ounce of your cartons might sound like a good way to pack, but packing them too heavy makes them more difficult to pick up, and puts a strain on the legs, arms, and back. An injury will be difficult to avoid if you lift more weight than you can handle. Also, it makes the task more difficult for anyone who is helping you to finish the job. Pack cartons correctly, making sure the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Little Rock can work quickly and also efficiently on that day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a general lifting method and is a great way to circumvent injury to your neck as well as spine. Sustain a wide base of support, placing your feet shoulder-width apart and also flat on the ground. Then, bend down into a squat so you are mostly utilizing your legs as you move upward. And, keep your back straight, and remember to breathe when you lift the thing.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AND ALSO WALKWAYS CLEAR: Although this may appear like something elementary, lots of people will be injured by tripping over smaller items on moving day. Avoid a stubbed toe or perhaps chipped tooth from an unexpected fall by maintaining all walkways free from items. When moving bulky objects, it can be difficult to see the stuff on the floor that is in your way. Steer clear of any accidents by planning what is the easiest way to walk while moving your belongings. When putting safety first, you minimize the chances of being injured.
Working with a local or long-distance moving company in Little Rock with professional movers is a safe bet to save time and also avoid injuries while moving. Get in touch us right away for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote