By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Whenever a move is in the near future, we understand that you have a lot in your head. From informing your friends and family to home shopping to acquiring a moving company in Little Rock, there is no doubt about it that moving is a massive undertaking, that requires much preparation and organization. Feeling a bit overloaded? Do not be anxious, we’ve got you covered! Our comprehensive moving guide has exactly what you'll need for a simple and successful move to Little Rock.
1. Go to your new city. Before choosing to move anywhere, it’s usually a good notion to go to your new community. Of course, you might head to all the attractions, but don’t just visit as a tourist. Drive through local neighborhoods. Observe where grocery stores, filling stations and schools are situated. Consider your lifestyle and how it could transfer to this different place.
2. Research schools. Whenever you happen to be checking out your new area, identify the schools that your youngsters will probably be studying at. Start looking at the surrounding communities and also do a little online research to find out how the public schools rank and what private school alternatives are to be found in the vicinity.
3. Produce a moving budget. Let’s face it, moving isn’t cheap. Even DIY options possess a substantial price tag. And for anyone who is moving a long distance, a professional mover in Little Rock will certainly make the job less difficult. Don’t forget to incorporate some extra for unexpected costs, because they often seem to occur. If you are moving for a job, talk with your company to ascertain if any of your moving expenditures can be covered.
4. Find a place to reside. In the event that you have children and have studied what school you'd like them to go to, the choices of a location in which to live have likely been reduced some. Nevertheless, regardless, a real estate agent can certainly assist you through the home shopping process. A knowledgeable real estate agent will show you properties inside your choice community and be able to answer all of your questions about the communities.
5. Investigate moving companies. Recruiting a good professional mover in Little Rock is vital for your move. Do your research by checking Google reviews and the BBB ratings. Talk with individuals who have moved recently and find out what moving company they employed. Get a couple of quotations from different movers to compare. Ask questions in the event you don’t fully grasp something on the quotation and make sure you're comparing apples-to-apples. Keep in mind, if a estimate looks too good to be true, this is often a warning sign.
6. Choose a moving date. If you want to move in the middle of the summer, you should get with your moving company in Little Rock to verify your chosen dates as far beforehand as you possibly can. Summertime is considered peak season for moving, therefore schedules fill up swiftly. On the other hand, should you be wanting to move in the winter or early spring, you might have your choice of dates and might end up expending a little less. You will usually pay a premium for moving during peak season.
7. Start gathering your moving supplies. By acquiring cartons right now, you will be a little step ahead when it's time to pack. You can buy boxes from your local moving company or from the majority of big box stores. Don’t neglect other moving products, including tape, bubble wrap, newsprint, box knife, etc.
8. Have an approach for packing. In advance of when you actually carry out any packing, think of your plan. It is a good idea to check your items ahead of time and determine what you are likely to take with you and what you don’t want anymore. Have a yard sale or donate to a charity the things you don’t want to move. After that, you could start packing non-essential items including basement and attic belongings as well as out-of-season items. After that, move on to things that you won’t need for the subsequent few weeks. Wait until the days leading up to moving day to pack items which you use routinely. Be sure and ask your moving company in case there are things that they can’t haul within the moving van, for instance live flowers, flammable things and perishable food. You will need to make alternate measures for these things.
9. Pack your suitcases, as well. If you will be on the road for several days and nights in route to your new house, you'll need clothing and toiletries for the adventure. Make certain and set apart anything that you'll need along the way in order that those things don’t inadvertently get packed up and loaded on the moving van.
10. Establish travel arrangements. If you're driving to your new home, plan your course and book your hotel accommodations ahead of time. Furthermore, if you are flying, pick your airline and get your tickets. Keep in mind that you could need to stay in a hotel for a couple of days in the new location in case your belongings won’t be delivered immediately.
11. Transfer memberships and also files. When you have a gym or golf club membership, check into shifting them to your new community. Likewise, request your child’s school to send their information to the new school and likewise for your doctors and dental office.
12. Clean out your storage space. You may as well go ahead and go through your storage unit, too, and get rid of anything that you don’t have to have. Over and above that, make certain and tell the management of the unit that you'll be moving your stuff out and make contact with them yet again after you have vacated the space.
13. Forward your mail. In recent times, it's simple to forward your postal mail to your new street address. Simply go on to the USPS webpage and fill out the required information. This is usually a very simple step, but it’s commonly overlooked, so we wanted to mention it.
14. Check your moving date with your mover. You will likely hear from your moving company in Little Rock several days or even a week prior to your move date, but if you haven’t, now is a great time to go forward and reach out to them and be sure that your move dates still match up with what they've got on their calendar for you. Last minute schedule adjustments aren't fun for anyone, hence it’s generally beneficial for you to make sure all the specifics to make sure everybody is on the same page.
15. Cut-off and set-up your utilities. The timing of this action is very important since you don’t wish to be leaving your old house in the dark or moving into your new home devoid of heat or air conditioning. Make contact with your present as well as future utility providers and figure out what you need to do to be able to ensure an effortless transition.
16. Arrange a move-out cleaning. Once you have everything moved out of your old residence, you'll likely be too drained to want to clean. There are cleaning services that focus on empty residences therefore think about hiring the cleaning done.
17. Let other folks know your new address. This action could possibly be done once you get to your new house, also. But you will want your friends and relatives to have your new address. Think about mailing out a change of address card or perhaps an e-mail to let everybody know that you've moved.
18. Trade contact information with your moving van driver. After everything has been loaded up and the moving van is ready to head out, be sure and ask the driver for the ETA to your new home and for his cell phone number. Likewise provide him your phone number. You want to have a method to keep in touch while everybody is on the move.
19. Set up a handyman. Make certain and find a trustworthy handyman once you move to help with tasks such as switching out light fixtures, doing common maintenance tasks or hanging artwork on the walls.
20. Register to vote and obtain a new driver’s license. Updating your voter registration soon after you move is smart for you to vote in any impending elections. Your neighborhood library or post office usually can supply additional information on how to register. Also, attaining a new license is necessary after you have moved to a new state. Check your local DMV website to make sure that you have all of the necessary documents before you decide to wait in line, as guidelines vary from one state to another.
Is it time to move?
A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Little Rock would like to assist. Simply contact us right now to get going with your zero cost in-home or video estimate.
Request a free quote