Moving? This Is How You Make Your Move Smoother
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
On moving day, the last thing you would like is for things to not go well. Keep reading for some ideas on what you might do ahead of time to ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible.
Several Things to Carry Out on Moving Day to Help It Go Smoother
- Make sure someone will be available: You or maybe a trusted adult will need to be present for the duration of the move to sign moving company paperwork and supervise the move. This helps circumvent any misunderstanding or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Little Rock. The movers will likely also be grateful for having someone available to answer any questions and offer directions.
- Clear the path: Make sure there is an unhindered path heading to your front door so that the moving crew might straightforwardly maneuver boxes and home furnishings in and out. Additionally, get rid of all tripping hazards both inside and outside the house. This will help avert any accidents or injuries.
- Walk through the residence: As soon as the professional movers in Little Rock arrive, walk through the house with them and note any items of special importance or belongings that shall not be transported on the moving truck. If you have any irreplaceable things you will take with in your vehicle on the move, make sure they're packed up and out of the way. This includes items such as jewelry, important papers, and family treasures. This can help to ensure that these items are safe and sound and also that nothing is left. After the professional movers in Little Rock are done loading the moving truck, do another walkthrough of the house to be sure all items are accounted for.
- Have a plan: Having a general plan for where you want to set your items in your new house will make the moving process much smoother. Make sure to label each carton with its contents and which room it need to be put in so the movers will easily put all the things in its correct place. On moving day, you'll want to have a few things set aside, such as snacks, drinks, toiletries, and also a change of clothes. Think about gathering up a moving day survival box. Put these items up in a bag or box in order to quickly find them once you need them. Also, be sure you know what needs to be completed and when. Having a timeline should help keep things moving in the right direction.
- Have a plan for kids and pets: If you have youngsters and/or domestic animals, it is essential to create a plan for them for moving day. Ask someone to babysit them, so they are not in the way of the professional movers in Little Rock.
- Check in with your neighbors: In the event you have close neighbors, it would be courteous to give them a heads up that there will be a large truck parked on the street and also that there may be an amount of noise and activity throughout the day. This can help sidestep any potential conflict or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on the town or homeowners' association, you may require a permit to park the moving van near your residence. Double check with your local authorities to find out if this might apply to you.
Need Assistance Getting Started?
Moving day is a chaotic and usually stressful time. However by adhering to these guidelines, you can make the entire process less complicated – both for you as well as your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Little Rock is here to assist you each and every step of the way. We are America's leading moving company in Little Rock, with nearly five decades of experience relocating people smoothly and efficiently. Let us take some of the hectic-ness out of moving day for you – contact us today!
Request a free quote