By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving can be stressful. Often in the dash to get the professional movers in Little Rock
reserved, the cartons packed and decide what you will be moving and what you are getting rid of, you forget a number of key things. In order to keep you on track, this is a checklist of items to keep in mind to accomplish which will make your move to Little Rock smooth and uneventful.
1. Update Your Address. Officially enroll with the post office your change of address. The United States Post Office should forward your mail for as long as a year after your move. It is possible to let the postal service know about your move as much as thirty days ahead of time. This will assure that all your last invoices, banking statements and other valuable mail is forwarded to your new house at the same time as when you and the professional movers in Little Rock get there together with your belongings. For those who have kids in school, let their school know your new address too in the event you need their transcripts mailed to you. After you arrive at your new home, begin to notify each organization separately. Furthermore, remember to let friends and family know that you've moved.
2. End Utilities and Home Services. Contact your utility companies ahead of time and tell them the final billing/service day. This includes your telephone, cable, electric, water, yard care, cleaning companies, pest control, security system company and other periodic services such as a dog walker or even the Sunday newspaper delivery. Make sure and synchronize the cutoff day with your moving company. You don't want to get the electric, natural gas or water stopped ahead of moving day. If you participate in an Home Owners Association, make them cognizant of your final day of residency to circumvent any excess charges.
3. Update Your Insurance and Registration Details. Should you have an insurance consultant, give them a call to inform them of the move. This includes automobile, residence, life and health insurance coverage. Relocating to a new city or a new state might influence the premiums you're paying so be sure to accomplish that at the earliest opportunity. In addition, whilst updating your car insurance, be sure to update your vehicle's registration.
4. Alert Your Workplace. Should you be moving in the area, and not changing jobs, be sure you advise your workplace. They are going to need to update their company documents and, in some instances, in case you are moving across state lines, will probably need to adjust payroll.
5. Clean up Your Old Property. Once the professional movers have gone and just before you turn over the keys to your old home, make sure you thoroughly clean, or schedule a cleaning of, your old home. This should ensure that you receive back your security deposit if you're renting. If you're selling your house, and your home is still on the market, this is a requirement to help catch the attention of prospective buyers.
6. Change/Delete Passwords for House Environment Systems. Many houses nowadays possess smart technology installed which includes locks on front doors, air conditioning and heating, lighting, and security. In some cases, you may have security password secured apps that you apply to regulate and keep tabs on these systems. If so, make sure to provide the required information to the future homeowner however be sure you logout or delete all info regarding these systems.
7. Update Your Online Information. If you routinely buy goods on the internet, remember to update your shipping and delivery address. This is a great possiblity to update your information with your banking institution, medical professionals and any various other suppliers you frequently interact with online.
8. Do a Walkthrough of Your New Home. When you first arrive at your new residence, do a quick walk through to help familiarize yourself with some of the significant features of the residence. You need to be in the position to quickly identify the smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, the electric panel and sump pump--if there exists one. Inspect to be sure they all are in proper condition.
The key to maintaining your cool when moving would be to employ a plan. Using checklists can help you remain organized and make certain that your move will be as simple as conceivable. Speak to your local professional mover in Little Rock, A-1 Freeman Moving Group for further tips on how to have a stress-free move.
Request a free quote