When hiring any Little Rock moving company, it’s important to be aware of your rights and responsibilities. This is most importantly accurate when it comes to an interstate move. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has promulgated a score of consumer protection regulations that are written with your welfare in mind. Here at A-1 Freeman Moving Group, we hope to guarantee that you aren’t missing anything that that you should receive from a licensed moving company, and what you are responsible for when hiring a mover.
As per the FMCSA, your mover should provide you with the following information:
- An estimate in writing
- The “Ready to Move” brochure or link to the website
- Info on the mover’s arbitration program
- A written notice about access to the mover’s tariff
- The process that the mover has for handling claims
- A link to the FMCSAs “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move” booklet
The customer must take care of:
- Reading and understanding all moving documents that are provided to them by the mover.
- Being available at the time of pickup and delivery of your possessions, or having a representative available in their place.
- Notifying the mover as soon as possible when there is a change with the shipment (moving date, additional items, additional drop off point, etc)
- Paying the amount agreed upon and in the form agreed to with the mover.
- Filing claims for loss, damage or delays with the mover as soon as possible, if necessary.
You can find out much more detailed information on all of your Rights and Responsibilities at the fmcsa.dot.gov website. No matter which mover you hire, we want you to be well informed.