Getting Your Documents Together for a Move to Little Rock

By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group 

Documents for MovingMoving either close by or a fair distance takes a great deal of coordination and organization, and many people forget to gather the correct documents in advance. Here is a quick resource guideline on the various important documents that you'll need whether moving local or setting up a long-distance move to Little Rock.

Truth be told, it isn't as if you need to have a passport and a work visa to move across the state line, although after you've gotten all your life papers together to go over the border those are close to the only important documents you don't need. And how our brains function, you might be ready to need all this paperwork for a cross-country move, however if your move is geographically local--from Memphis just beyond the river into a Mississippi or Arkansas suburb, as an illustration, it may come as a jolt that you'll require all those docs.

Read on for the files you will most likely need to keep on hand when moving, and how to acquire them when they have expired or you have lost the originals.

Driver's License

Despite the fact that driver's licenses are not suitable for federal identification much longer, you'll still need a active one--you need to have it in any case, but if it expired a couple weeks or even a few months in the past and you thought as you are moving why bother, go bother. When you have to register at the airport, book a vehicle, open a bank account, or execute life on the whole, you need to have an up-to-date license to do this. If you are in a state where you can't get a driver's license through the local Tag Agency same day, ask for a paper back up of your new license to utilize in front of the printed version arriving in the mailbox; that is acceptable identification for a period of about three weeks.


If you are moving for a new position, the probability is pretty good that you will have to document US citizenship prior to getting started. It is possible to renew it by mail should you fulfill specified factors--your name hasn't changed, your last one had been issued no more than fifteen years in the past, you were at least sixteen at that time, along with others--however if not, you will need to make application for a new one in person. It is possible to request an expedited passport if necessary however be ready to pay an extra $60 or so.

Birth Certificate(s)

You'll need a copy for everyone within your household for your move to Little Rock. If you can't place your hands upon them and you are now living in the area or parish in which they were all distributed, a fast journey to the county offices will handle it. If you had been born anywhere else, request the reproduction via that area. Every location differs, so try an online investigation with regard to the county records where you were born to determine the exact instructions to get a certified duplicate of your certificate of a birth. There is generally a moderate cost involved.

Marriage License

Should you need a copy, observe the very same procedure you would with the birth certificate. A family Bible or certificate from your church isn't a sufficient legal document.

Social Security Card(s)

Everybody in your household needs to have a social security number and a card; if you cannot place your hands on the cards you will need to obtain replacements as soon as possible. You can begin the process online, and mail in the supporting records, or you can actually proceed to the closest Social Security Administration office with your paperwork. Copies--even notarized ones--won't be adequate. You need to have photo identification as well as evidence of citizenship, therefore bring a current driver's license or passport, school, employee, or armed forces identification card, or a health insurance card.

Auto Registration

You're going to have to register your cars in the new town and state, consequently take the current registration cards and proof of insurance to the nearby motor vehicles office straight away following your move to Little Rock. Within a different state you'll get a new license plate and tag; in case your move was within the same state your current license plate and tag are good, however your insurance premiums could possibly change.

Health and Immunization Records

If you've got young ones, their new schools will need proof of immunization ahead of registration. Having replications of all the family healthcare files helps when you've got initial visits with new doctors.

Get all of your files together as rapidly as you can ahead of your move to Little Rock and keep them together. Considering that you may need original copies of the majority of items, just place all the things within a file folder and keep it in hand or in a safe location during the actual move--this is something you don't want to misplace.

Should you be wanting to move to Little Rock, let A-1 Freeman Moving Group assist. Speak to us today to schedule your free in-home estimate.


Request a free quote